Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Passion for Paper

I love paper.  I have been collecting stationary, pretty paper, and erasers since I was a child.  Recently I was introduced to the wondrous world of handmade cards.  I became obsessed with the tools and embellishments and the endless possibilities.  It is magical.  I could spend hours on Pinterest looking at various designs, color schemes, layouts, inspirations, etc.

Here are some cards that I made not too long ago.

I became inspired by a layout that I saw that was being offered in a class by The Henhouse Paperie.  I loved the antique dressform, flowers, ribbon, lace, and tape measure that they used in the layout so I decided to make a couple for myself.

 I used a Crafty paper pack that I got at JoAnn's.  I made the roses using a Big Shot die that I got from the Henhouse

On the 2nd card I used the same paper but instead of a bow I used some vintage distressed lace that I had stashed in my scrap drawer.  I made the roses using some old ric rac. 

I feel like it could use more staining around the image...oh well.  I'll try to remember to do that next time.

No comments: