Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Interview of Lindsay Lein

I have another fabulous interview for you dear readers.  You're going to <3 her work because I know I do!  Meet Lindsay Lein ~


She says~

What is your art/craft and how long have you been doing it?
I design and make jewelry. I have been doing it for as long as I can remember, probably since I was about seven years old.

What got you started?
My ex-stepfather worked for the phone company and had a van full of wires that were every color of the rainbow. I loved to mix and match the wires, twisting and tying them into different designs. Then in grade school macrame friendship bracelets were all the rage and I sold my first pieces to classmates.

Are there any other arts and crafts that you would like to try your hand at? If so, why?
Quilting. I have always admired quilters and have thought about taking that up as a hobby but I know it gets really expensive and every quilt is a time-consuming project....I don't know if I have enough patience or money for that!

What are your favorite materials to use?
I love vintage crystal buttons and costume jewelry from the 40s and 50s that I can take apart and refashion. I also love wire, semi-precious stones, Swarovski crystals, brass filigree, and pearls of all varieties whether real or faux.



What and/or who inspires you?
Etsy artists really inspire me as do all the creative gals I work with at a beading/jewelry craft store. I also love browsing flea markets and antique shops for interesting pieces that spark my imagination.

Etsy Shop: www.lindsaylein.etsy.com
Blog: midwesthandmade.wordpress.com (under construction)
Facebook: Lindsay Lein

I hope you enjoyed this week's interview and stay tuned for more artists and crafts people that I consider to be a cut above.

<3 Myria

No comments: