Pages

Monday, November 3, 2014

Things I've Made Recently

Hello My Lovelies,

So I did it...I resigned from my job.  I was presented with an amazing yet slightly unpredictable opportunity and I decided to jump on it.

I am now a full time artist and vendor at one of the most popular antique shops in Albuquerque.

Antiques & Things

I am really excited about the chance to get a spot in their store because they usually have a waiting list.

The timing was perfect!   I called my friend Kate about a space right as one was opening up, with nobody waiting for it.

So I have put up my vintage, antique, and handmade wares, which I will show all of you in another post.

Meanwhile, here are a few upcycled treasures I've made to sell in my booth.

I made this cute little figurine using the broken stem from an antique crystal glass that belonged to my grandmother.  I took a baby food jar lid, spray painted it pastel pink, added some lace trim around the edges and a little piece of lace to the top.  I then used E6000 to adhere a cute little velveteen rabbit that I bought at Michael's, and a slice of cake that I found at a yard sale.  Kawaii!

image

The next item is a bell, or cloche, on a vintage plate.  Perfect for displaying figurines or for preserving cookies during a tea party.  I used another piece of broken stemware and a little plate that lost its teacup mate in an accident.

image

I filed the jagged edges of the stem down and then wrapped the stem in burlap yarn and topped it with a rhinestone.   Again, I used E6000 to adhere the yarn and rhinestone.
In the photo below you can see it with a miniature 3 tiered cake. 

image

The last one is another cloche.  This one is the top half of the stem that I used in the first photo.  Once again I filed down the jagged tip, wrapped it in burlap yarn and topped with a cute little resin flower.  Now I need to find a plate that is the right size to go with it.

Follow me on Instagram as I post photos of my handmade goodies there. 

image

My Instagram

Stay tuned!  I'll be showing off my booth at Antiques and Things,  as well as some of the other awesome antiques in the shop.  ♡

Love,
Myria

No comments: