Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Thrift Shop Finds: Antique Purses

Hi all,
I've been meaning to add this post to my blog for a while now.  I'd like to share with you some of my mother's gift shop finds:  antique purses!
  
The first purse is a tiny shell, similar to a coin purse.  
It is so dainty and so adorable I'm not sure how old it is but it looks pretty old.  It looks like it may only hold a lipstick.

Unfortunately the backside is missing the other shell.  
Someday I'd like to figure out a way to try and repair it but for now I just have it hanging with the good side exposed.  

The second purse I've had ever since I was a child and I always really liked it.  

I just love all the cute little flower detail.  It looks hand stitched.  It has the same artificial flowers on both sides.  It's also another very small purse that would only hold some cards, drivers license, lipstick, and maybe a few keys.

I'll be posting more thrift shop goodies soon so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

The millinery flower purse is AMAZING!!! I love the little shell purse. Fingers crossed that you can fix it. Maybe the other side could even be beaded. Good luck!

Myria - Beloved Bijou said...

Thank you! I was hoping to find another shell that is about the same size. We'll see... I'll post an update once I do fix it.