Pages

Friday, October 10, 2014

Nail Wraps

Hi my pretties,

I have been invited to several virtual Jamberry Nail Wrap parties and I was a bit hesitant to actually buy anything.

As a crafty lady I have more manual dexterity in my pinky than most people do in both of their hands but, I'm not very coordinated when it comes to painting my nails.  I always just sort of slap the paint on, I let it get on my skin, and then I just wash off the excess once it has all dried. 

And I'm sure we all remember the Lee Press-On Nails fiasco.  You go pick up a can of coke and your nail pops off. Or you run your fingers through your hair and 2 out of 5 nails come out still on your fingers.

So, taking these things into consideration, I decided to buy some of the cheaper nail wraps from Avon first to see if I could actually do it.  This is my first attempt.

Avon Nail Art Design Strips

image

I think I did pretty well.  I also think that the Jamberry wraps will be easier because they will be thicker and more rigid.  These ones are thinner, stretchy-ish plastic.

You can see here where I messed up on my middle finger, and also the puckering at the tip of my index finger.  I am glad that I practiced doing with with some less expensive versions before I bought the Jamberry wraps.

So now that I've determined that I can do it by myself I went online to the Jamberry site to check out the patterns. 
Here are my favorites.

Jamberry Nails

image

Chevron Nail Wraps

Galactic Nails

Lace Nails

They have several cute Halloween styles but when you search for Halloween nothing comes up. Weird.

image

I'm naturally drawn to florals - love them! They have lots but again,  when you search for flower or floral only a couple come up...I'm noticing a pattern. ..

image

Thanks for reading!
Love,
Myria

No comments: