Pages

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Spring Cleaning In My Kitchen

When my daughter was a baby and starting to crawl she got into my kitchen cabinets and disorganized all of my recipes. Now that everybody's out of the house for the day, and I have some time to myself I decided to reorganize my antique Baines Moiser Hoosier Cabinet.
I won't disgust you with the before photos but here are the after.

I moved the smaller cook books to the shelf in the middle area, next to the pull-out baking surface, where I still have some of my cute nick nacks displayed.




Underneath where the old cutting board is, I put the crock pot and mini blender and our other larger cookbooks and magazines.

I keep shopping bags and candles in the other cabinet.  And in the top drawer I keep pens, bag clips, and notepads.

Here are some photos of the inside with the original spice jars and flour holder with sifter.


One of the things that I had stashed away in here is something that belonged to my mother - Vintage New Mexico cookbooks. I've decided to put them in a shadow box and hang them on the wall in the kitchen.


Thanks for reading!
Love,
Myria

2 comments:

Ash said...

Look's great! I think I need to go organize my kitchen now. :)

Myria - Beloved Bijou said...

@Ash: LOL Post photos on your blog when you do >.<